Friday, March 18, 2011

Washington Visit

The beginning of February I went to Washington. A friend watched my three kids the day I left, so the boys were able to go to a Valentine's party they were invited to. Later that day my sister-in-law and mother-in-law (coincidentally flew in that day) picked them up and kept them for the next five days. Unfortunately, that first night Sarah started throwing up. By the time we got back four of the five kids (two of mine and both of Melissa's kids) were puking sick. They were so ready to get rid of our kids...I don't blame them.

This is what I "missed" out on. 

This is what I took with me. 
It was so fun going on a trip with Rachel. She is the absolutely the perfect travelling companion. On the first flight she fussed a bit before she fell asleep. We had a layover in Phoenix. I loved it. My brother works for TSA and was just down the hall from my gate. He took off the rest of the afternoon and met me as I got off the plane. I loved seeing him! We had a good visit before I got on my next flight, which was AWESOME. Rachel and I got the whole row all to ourselves! Rachel was perfect. She loved looking out the window, practicing blowing spit bubbles, washing the tray with a wet wipe and playing with our boarding passes. I think she also liked not having to share any of her toys with older siblings.



I loved the view.
Over Arizona.  

 Utah.

Must be Washington.

 We went to lunch at a cute diner. I ordered sweet potato fries on the side. The waiter brought half with seasoning and half without for Rachel. They were tasty. Rachel loved them too.

Rachel must of know she was going to start teething on this trip. The whole time we were in Washington, she was packing it in.  

We went to institute, saw the temple. Went on a drive and saw Manito Park (beautiful even in the winter) and had fun going through an $450,000 open house. Met close friends and hung out at the house. It was a nice 2 1/2 day visit.



Steven had a meeting in Tacoma, Wa. and joined us just before we left. We bought my parent's minivan and drove home. 

Cute picture, too bad it's blurry.


It was a wonderful visit. I loved seeing John and mom in their home in Spokane Valley. This was my first time visiting. They are in a great community. I met many of their friends. I can see that they are very comfortable and happy. I especially loved seeing the close connections John has made. He has some really good friends there.



No comments: