Wednesday, April 18, 2012

March 2012

Every now and again one of the girls gets out in front without me knowing. It scares me to death. I ran out and found Michael giving her a ride on his scooter, so I ran back in and got the camera. He is an awesome big brother.  



Rachel was enjoying being outside so I took the two for a walk down the street. This was Rachel's first ride out on her bike. She got this for Christmas and has only ridden it in the house. She loved it. 





 A neighbor around the corner had beautiful flowers. I really think tulips are becoming my favorite flower. The colors are so vibrant. 




 In the early morning hours of the night I woke up to a big thump. I thought that was the saddest thing! I loved that tree. It was SO gorgeous. We finally got some good rain. The ground must of gotten really soft and this incredible oak tree fell over. Luckily between my sister-in-law's car, the neighbor's house and their mail box it went for the mail box. 


 Michael Turned 8!
This year was a friends birthday party. This was such a fun party. I had so much fun planning this party. All of Mike's friends came for spy training. 


They had different missions to accomplish that mysteriously appeared at the door.
 Target practice. They drew their own bad guys when they got here. 

They had to have good listening skill (telephone)

 They had to be physically agile as they went through the lasers. 


 They had to be fast. You don't want to be stuck holding the bomb when it goes off. Yes, there were explosives at this party. Did I warn parents that their child might not be coming home all in one piece?


 Field training. The Case of the Fingerprint. A scavenger hunt. 





 That night we did the family party. I would say it was worth it to do it all in one day. The next day I was very tired, but it was really nice to be done.


 If you can't tell, it's a magnifying glass cake.


 Pinewood Derby:
This year Michael got to participate in Pinewood Derby with Jacob. This also was Jacob's last year doing pinewood derby. 




Jacob's car is in lane 2 and Michael's is in lane 4. Crazy story about Michael's car. Day of the race. We were putting finishing touches on it. He wanted windows painted on his car. I set it outside and went and put the girls down for naps. I really didn't think that it was that long or that it was THAT hot. But I ruined his car! The paint was all bubbly. It was a giant mess trying to sand down warm paint. So instead of doing school that day we made a pinewood derby car. Michael designed and I cut. He helped me with the sanding. He also decided to paint it one solid color (good thing since we didn't have time). The Lego guy gave a fun touch. That car came together speedy fast. Steven was running the boys and their cars to the post office to weigh them right before it was time to go. 

On the way to the church we were giving the boys the pre-race pep talk on sportsmanship. I think we may have even said that it was very unlikely they would come close to placing. They were awesome and had a great attitudes. All the boys got excited for each other and had a good time. Our boy's cars surprisingly did really well, they placed 2nd and 3rd. It was nice to see that Jacob's sportsmanship was  still put to the test when there was a recording error which then bumped Jacob from first place down to second. He said that's okay, it's just fun to watch them race. (Ah! Yea! Victory!) Jacob was having a great time. He had his watch out timing the speed of his car.

Poor Snappy.
We repopulated out fish tank. Michael fell in love with the baby lobsters at the fish store. He got to know this little guy really fast as he was always glued to the tank. These are pictures Michael took. Once day Michael found Snappy belly up behind the rock at the back of the tank. This was very sad for him. He pulled up a chair to guard his dead friend from any of the fish eating him. I was working in kitchen and asked Michael to tell me all the favorite things he loved about Snappy. He had quite a list... he was good at digging, he liked hiding in the little holes in the rock... I looked over at Michael and he had these big tears rolling down his cheek. I gave him a hug and we made a long pole out of skewers and flipped him over to his tummy and then Michael wanted me to watch a video he took of Snappy. I sat and watched a 15 minute video of a lobster. After that Michael was all better. He really is a sweet boy.


Sarah wanted me to take pictures of her. She is such a kind, happy, helpful daughter. 
 Her FAVORITE dress. She wears it at least once a week. It is so ratty with nice large holes in the front and back.


No comments: