Monday, April 16, 2012

February 2012

Steven took the day off work, so we headed to the zoo for a family outing, minus Jacob, who slaves away in public school. 


 This entertained the kids. 

 Michael has faithfully declared his favorite animal the Komodo Dragon.

 Sarah was eager to see the Zweebras.



 We have many pictures of this elephant form the last decade.

 New School Desk:
The desk at Potter Barn was exactly what I was looking for. I found building plans for the same desk on Anna White. The only difference was that I wanted a nice dark wood desk top. Steven did a great job and is almost done with building Jacob one too. 
 Valentine's Day:
Michael wanted a tank for his Valentine's box. I had no idea on how to construct one and left the project up to the boys. Jacob and Michael worked really well together and did a great job. Sarah did not get to help with her's as much as she would have liked. I got carried away. I did let her paint a squirrel. She favorite color right now is purple. Rachel got the doghouse. I was out of creative time. She loved carrying it around. 




I saw this idea last year on pinterest. It was a fun project to do with the kids. They got excited for Valentine's Day. 

This was a homeschool V-day party.



 I love how a bunch of the kids went inside to check out their loot. 
It was a great party. 
 Rachel Turned 2!
She was very excited to be eating breakfast in bed. Rachel loves fried eggs on toast and she is not a juice fan. Water is her preferred choice of beverage. 

Rachel "picked" Mexican casserole for her birthday dinner. She LOVES that meal. We've noticed that she tends to like spicy foods.  

 A new tradition in our home is the non birthday kids have to sit on the rug during gift opening time. It makes for a much more orderly, happy time for me:)


I found this idea on the internet and felt it was perfect. Rachel usually eats the ice cream and not the cake at birthday's. I also loved that everyone got to choose their favorite "scoop", vanilla/chocolate cupcakes with different flavors of frosting.

 Not the best family picture :)



 I can't remember if this really was in February, but it was in the Feb picture file. The boys were being goofy after school. Jacob had completed his fun run at school that day.


1 comment:

Niki Carter said...

You are such a cute mom:)