Thursday, December 29, 2011

Gingerbread House


The girl's are apart of a little music class that meets at the church once a week. We have field trips and parties. This month we got together to decorate gingerbread houses. The idea was to come with your own house, frosting and a bag of candy to share. 
These were my "little" homemade gingerbread houses. Compared to every other house, they were huge. Most took the easy way out and brought gram crackers. I had enough dough to make Sarah, Rachel and Michael each their own house. I knew that Michael would not want candy randomly slapped on. They all took great pride in their work. I also knew that my kids wouldn't take tons of time and load their houses with candy, so I wanted to make the plain houses cute. I used the top of a bottle to indent the shingles in the dough before cooking.
I really tried to get a cute picture of the kids. The best one is with Michael on the verge of a sneeze. 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love how you did the roofs. That is such a great idea! The houses look totally cute. Nice work! I'm taking down my gingerbread house tomorrow...Brian is bummed, but the girls can't wait to get their hands on the candy :)