Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Meet Dot and Dash

Meet our new pets, Dot and Dash.


We didn't start out with both these kitties. First we got this cat...
At the shelter she seemed like a great cat. She was eager to sit in all of our laps. And she was SO soft. I think she helped me get over my phobia of petting cats.

We decided to get another cat because we cat sitted for Dave and Melissa and Steven really liked that the cats had each other.

So we got this kitty.

It turned out that the Grey cat was NOT a good family cat. She was not adjusting to our home, even after two weeks. I'm not going to go into details...we took her back.

I was happy to find out that the Vet we got our kitty from still had her sister. I quickly went back and got her. It was fun seeing the two cats reunite after a week of separation.

We named them Dot and Dash.

They have been perfect for our family. We wanted a cat for the kids, and we wanted two, so they could be buddies. Dot and Dash have been great with the kids. We've had them for one month. They handle Sarah's love very well. Here's some pictures of the kids enjoying their pets. When I say "their pets" I mean their pets. They take care of the kitty litter, food and water :)


 Sarah put Dot in her baby's cradle.
(Patricia, this is the cradle I made Sarah for Christmas.)  



One of the kids gave Dash to Rachel.
The look on Rachel's face seems to be wondering why the cat got up and left.




 




5 comments:

Niki Carter said...

Well . . . now I can never come over;)

Looks like the kids are enjoying them.

Debbie said...

I just read that owning a cat costs just under $1000 per year, but who's counting?

It's fun to have pets. I'm glad the kids are having fun AND taking care of them! Good work.

Wendy said...

W-O-W. What crabby-patties.

Creed Family said...

They are so cute! I love how the kids love them.

AVIDINHA said...

Those are the two most well behaved patient cats I have ever seen!